In the previous article, we have already shown you how to convert a US LG V30 ThinQ into the global version. So, in this post today, we’d like to convert another US LG phone, named LG V30 into the global version.
If any of you here are using an AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular LG V30 phone, then you should read on this post to turn your US-carrier LG V30 into the global version.
- Verizon LG V30
- AT&T LG V30
- Sprint LG V30
- US Cellular LG V30
Before you start converting your US-carrier LG V30 into the global version, you should meet some requirements first:
- Back up your data first as the process will wipe your phone internal storage.
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues.
- Download file LGUP MOD to flash firmware: Get LGUP MOD
- Download global LG V30 ROM (Android 8.0): Remember to choose right variant
Now, let’s start converting your US-carrier LG V30 into the global version.
Also see: How To Convert Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, US Cellular LG G7 Into Global Version
How To Convert The US-Carrier LG V30 Into Global Version
- Extract LGUP file and install LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe in LGUP folder
- Copy Model folder in LGUP into C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP
- Switch your phone off, press & hold Volume UP buttons while connecting your phone to the computer with the help of a USB Type-C cable to boot your phone into Download mode
- Open LGUP.exe
- In Process section, check PARTITION DL as the image below.
- In FILE Type section, browse to the patch that includes KDZ H93320E/F file you just downloaded above and click on Start.
- When you see Partition list window popup, check All options and click on OK
- Wait for the process to be done. After that, your phone might be stuck up at the LG logo screen. Do not worry, continue to do the following steps to fix that:
- Press and hold on the Power + Volume Down buttons to power off your phone completely.
- Continue to press Power + Volume Down combination key until LG logo appears on the screen. After that, quickly release the Power button but still keep the Volume Down button
- Once you are in the Factory reset menu, wipe data and cache by using Volume Down and the Power button to confirm.
Also see: How To Bypass Google Account LG G6 And V30 Android 8.0
That’s all! You have successfully converted your US-carrier LG V30 to the global version. If you encounter the lag issue while playing games on your V30, go to Settings > General >Play Games and adjust the graphics from QuadHD to FullHD resolution.