I have already written articles about bypassing Google Account on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 plus and Note 8. However, in the recent time, Samsung has released many Android 8.0 patch updates for these devices, which make it difficult to remove Google account. Most of the old methods like using Headphones or simply flashing the combination ROM no longer work. So, to help you resolve troubles with your Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, this post today will show you a new solution to bypass Google Account on your phone running Android 8.0 Oreo.
Note: you can also apply this method to other Galaxy models and even on Android 7 Nougat.
Now, let’s start removing Google Account on your Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 using the latest method.
Method To Remove Google Account Android 8.0 On Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8
- First, download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download and extract the latest Odin version 220.127.116.11 from this link
- Now, boot your phone into Download Mode (Power + Bixby + Volume Down buttons) to flash the Combination ROM. You can download the combination ROM for your device as the link below:
- Combination ROM for Galaxy S8
- Combination ROM for Galaxy S8 Plus
- Combination ROM for Galaxy Note 8
- Now, flash the Combination ROM using Odin app
- Once done, your phone will automatically boot up. Now, open IME application, enter *#0808# and select DM + ACB + ADB (last line) and then reboot.
- After your phone has restarted successfully, go to Settings > About phone and tap on Build Number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Now, enable USB Debugging
- Next, download the stock Full file firmware for your phone:
- Stock Rom for Galaxy S8
- Stock Rom for Galaxy S8 Plus
- Stock Rom for Galaxy Note 8
- Next, download and install Autorar2.0 or Z3X Tool Pro to edit stock ROM file before flashing it. Remember to untick three files: Recovery.img + Userdata.img + Cache.img. You can see the image below.
- Once done, save the stock ROM again and flash it using Odin. You need to select four files: BL, AP, CP, Home_CSC
- Once done, your phone will automatically boot up directly into Home screen. Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking. All you need now is restoring your phone to the factory settings and you have successfully removed Google Account. (If Odin says Failed!, remove the md5 at the end of the file name and install it in the form of .tar file)
That’s all you need! If there is no signal on your phone, simply boot your phone into Download mode and flash CP and Home_CSC files again. You can also flash full four files again so that updating OTA will not be corrupted.