A lot of old iPhone and iPad models have been stopped the update at iOS 10.3.3. While iOS 10 is very smooth for higher Apple models like iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, the old models like iPad 2,3,4, iPhone 5 suffer long responses when opening the app, the lag, and many other troubles during the daily use. However, thanks to H3lix team, they have released the jailbreak for 32-bit iOS devices running iOS 10.3.3 version, which is a great catalyst for those who want to downgrade to lower iOS 8.4.1 version for their iPhone/iPad. If you are using a 32-bit iPhone running iOS 10.3.3, and you want to downgrade your device to lower iOS version to run smoother, then this post today will you do that.
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad mini 1
- iPod touch 5G
You must not try on other iPhone, iPad, iPod models except the list above.
If you are using one of these above devices and intend to downgrade to lower iOS version, continue to keep reading this post.
How To Downgrade From iOS 10.3.3 To iOS 8.4.1
Now, first, you need to jailbreak your 32-bit iOS device if you have not yet. Those who have already jailbroken your device, you can skip below steps.
Step 1: Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 For 32 Bit Devices
- Visit http://h3lix.tihmstar.net and download IPA file into your computer
- You should also download Cydia Impactor from this link
- Once done, open Cydia Impactor and then drag the IPA file into Cydia window
- Enter your Apple ID and password when you are prompted and click on Start.
- Wait for the process to complete. Next, on your device, go to Settings > General > Profile and trust a new certificate.
- Next, open the h3lix app on your device and tap on Jailbreak
- Wait for a few minutes and Cydia will be on the Home screen.
Step 2: Add Source and download tweak
- Once you have successfully jailbroken your 32-bit iOS device, open Cydia app, and tap on Source and then add this source: http://repo.ftios.vn
- Now, search for and install a tweak, called: Downgrade iOS 10.x to 8.4.1
- Tap on Install and respring your device when done.
- Now, go to Settings > General Software Update and you see the iOS 8.4.1 is now available. Simply download and install it. Note: During the process, do not perform any action on your device.
- Wait for the process to complete and head to General > Reset > Erase All Contents & Settings and you are Done!
That’s all you need to download! Simply complete the setup process and you have successfully downgraded your 32-bit device from iOS 10.3.3 to iOS 8.4.1. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.