Dear all Sprint LG G6 and LG V20 users. After a long wait, there is now a method that can help Sprint LG G6 and V20 users unlock SIM of your device. Many G6 & V20 users have complained that their device was stuck uploading or locked without any reason. But, this post today will help you fix that as you can easily unlock SIM of your Sprint LG G6 just in ten minutes.
Here is how to fix the “upload” error and unlock your Sprint LG G6 or V20.
How To Unlock Sprint LG G6 & LG V20
- Turn on your phone and launch the Phone app
- Dial the 5689#*993# with LG G6 LS993 and 5689#*997# with LG V20 LS997
- You can also download the Hideen Menu app from here to help you find the code.
- Now, find and select Field test –> Modem Settings –>RAT Selection –> GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto –> Done
Easy! That’s all. You have now successfully unlocked SIM card of your Sprint LG G6 and V20 as well as fix the upload issue. To set VPN for the SIM card carrier you are using, you can search Google for more detail.
Updated: November 2018
The previous method might not work with many Sprint LG G6 devices, so we’d like to update a new method to unlock the Sprint LG G6 phone.
Download Required Files:
LGUP Patch: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att…5&d=1502007613 (from Prowler_gr)
Steps to unlock Sprint LG G6
- First, install LG drivers and LGUP on your computer
- Extract the patch LGUP_V20dll_Patched
- Inside the patch just unzipped, you will see the folder “Model” and the file “LGUP.exe” which requires you to paste in the path where you have already installed LGUP program and replace the ones that already exist. (Generally, the path is C: \ Program Files (x86) \ LG Electronics \ LGUP)
- Boot your Sprint LG G6 in Download mode by long-pressing the Volume Down button while connecting the USB cable to PC
- Launch “LGUP.exe” and it will automatically recognize your G6
- In the “File Path”section, choose the H87315c_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1026.kdz file
- Mark the “PARTITION DL” option and then click on “Start”
- Once the process started, you will see a pop-up window, called “Partition List” in which you mark the box “Select all” below and click OK
- There will be a popup window “LGUP Common”that askes you the following: Partition (s) changed “Persist”, “System”, “cache”, “OP”, “Userdata”, simply click YES
- The process will now start, and it takes about 5 minutes. Wait for this process to complete
- LGUP will then show you the following message: “COMPLETE! … Click here to continue,”click on it to reboot your LG G6
That’s all! Disconnect your LG G6 from your computer, and it will boot up. All you need is to configure it as a new device. If you face the bootloop issue, boot your phone into recovery to perform a factory reset. To do so, press the Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time, and wait for it to restart. After that, then release the Power button and press it twice without releasing the Volume Down button. When you are in the “Factory Data Reset” screen, simply choose “YES”.