Dear all Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 users! Although the Android Pie beta update is already available for your device, and even the early official Android 9.0 update is also being rolled out to your Galaxy phone, there are still many bugs and unexpected issues on this new update. So, whether you’d like to try a nearly pure stock Android 9.0 version on your phone? Once your device runs on a stock Android build, it will very fast and especially, it will take lesser resource on your Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9. Should you want to give it a try while waiting for the stable Android Pie update from Samsung, then this post today would like to introduce to all Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 the Pixel ROM V3 Update based on Android 9.0 version.
- Galaxy S9 : G960F/ G960FD/ G960S/ G960N
- Galaxy S9 Plus : G965F/ G965FD/ G965S/ G965N
- Galaxy Note 9 : N960F/ N960FD/ N960S/ N960N
Before getting started, you should prepare some things first so that the process can be successful.
- Install a TWRP 3-2-3 recovery to flash the ROM.
- Back up all your important data as the process will erase everything from your phone internal storage.
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to start the process
How to Install TWRP 3-2-3 Recovery for Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9
- Download TWRP recovery for your phone:
You need to download TWRP 3-2-3.tar file. If you have already installed an older TWRP version on your phone, you can download TWRP 3-2-3.img files and then update it through TWRP recovery by heading to Install > Install img
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download and extract Odin v3.13.1
- On your phone, go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking
- Next, power your phone off and boot it into Download mode. To do so, press firmly Bixby + Volume Down + Power buttons altogether while connecting your phone to the computer. When you see a warning screen, simply press the Volume Up button to boot into Download Mode
- Now, open Odin on your computer.
- In Option tabs, uncheck Auto-reboot option
- Click on AP box and browse to the downloaded TWRP recovery.tar file
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process is done, unplug the cable, press Volume Down + Power buttons to exit Download mode.
- Now, quickly press and hold Bixby + Volume Up buttons for 5 seconds until TWRP recovery screen appears.
- From there, tap on Wipe > Format Data and type in Yes so that TWRP can detach your device’s internal storage.
Once you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your phone, it’s time to flash the Pixel 9.0 ROM v3 on your Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9.
Steps to Flash Pixel 9.0 ROM v3 on Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9
- First, you need to download files:
Kernel file: + Galaxy S9 Exynos
- Copy the ROM file and Kernel file into the internal storage of your phone
- Power your phone off and boot it into TWRP recovery
- Tap on Wipe>> Advanced Wipe >> tick on four sections: System, Data, Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache and swipe to confirm
- Next, tap on Install > Install img and flash the ROM file first
- Once done, DO NOT reboot your phone yet, continue to flash the Kernel.
- Wait for the process to complete and then reboot your phone
That’s all! You have successfully installed Pixel ROM Android 9.0 v3 on your Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9. If you have any trouble during the process, let’s know in the comment below.