Great news for all LG G5 Sprint LS992 users! Can you believe that you can now remove the SIM lock on your device without having to pay any fee? It’s not a joke. You can now remove the SIM card lock on your G5 Sprint. Read through step by step guide in this post in order to unlock the carrier on your LG G5 LS992.
However, before removing the SIM card lock on your G5 Sprint, you need to meet some requirements:
- A Windows Computer is necessary to download the file
- Install the LG G5 driver on your computer for the easier connection
- Your LG G5 Sprint must be running on Android 7.0 Nougat
- A USB Type C cable for the connection
- One SIM card of other carriers for the unlock test.
- Back up all of your important data in case there is something wrong happens
Now, let’s see how to remove the SIM lock on your LG G5 Sprint
Steps To Unlock LG G5 Android 7.0
- First, you download the unlock apk file from here onto your computer
- Next, plug your device into the computer and copy the unlock file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now, tap on the file to install it. If the installation is blocked, go to Fingerprint and Security, and enable the Unknown Sources. After that, you get back and install the file.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app, scroll down, find and tap on IOT(CDG2)
- In addition, continue tapping on LTE Settings > Operation Mode > Lab Network.
- Finally, your G5 Sprint will reboot. While it is booting up, insert the SIM card of other carriers and then check the result. You’ll see that your device has signals of the new SIM card, which means your G5 Sprint has been successfully removed the SIM lock.
Also read: Steps to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6
That’s all the steps you have to do! Now you can use any SIM card you like on your LG G5 Spring LS992 without worrying any issue. However, in case you have some troubles, let’s know in the comment below, we’ll find out solutions for you.
6 thoughts on “How To Remove LG G5 SIM Lock Running Android 7.0 Nougat”
IOT(CDG2) option did not apear in the menu…
you can start from the scratch and check the result, the method still works normally.
If you updated to the very latest android version it’s not gonna work. I used this method to get sim unlock on my LS992 which I accomplished quite successfully until I updated. Not sure if it’s carrier specific or not, but I do know the quickest cheapest way is to get someone to remotely unlock it. I found a service on EBAY who did it for $8.99 and it took less than 10 mins to do. Just a thought and the 9 bucks is well worth it!
I can confirm that Its not working on LG G5LS992 on Android 7.0 The hidden menu shows only handful of menu and the IOT(CDG2) menu is not there as RANI wrote because Sprint has blocked it now. Please tell me anyone can do it to unlock my phone.
Are you using a non-sprint g5 correct? If you read the previous post you would have your answer
If you have any updated device you have to buy a remote unlock
No me da para agregar nuevo APN.. mi LG G5 No me levanta datos!