Due to some reasons such installing wrong TWRP recovery, rooting, tweaking, your Samsung Galaxy device has lost its IMEI number or only appears S/N when dialing *#06# to check IMEI. If you are in the same trouble, then this post is for you.
This method was tested on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (G955) and it’s successful. As we don’t have a chance to make a video, so we will show you general steps to help you fix IMEI Lost or S/N IMEI on your Samsung Galaxy device.
How To Fix IMEI Lost, S/N IMEI For Galaxy Devices
If your phone has been lost the IMEI, then you follow the below steps:
- First, download and flash the stock ROM on your device. You can use Samfirm tool to download the stock ROM or find it on our site.
- Once done, use Odin to flash it. Read it more: Stock Android 8.0 For Samsung Galaxy A3, A5, A7 2017
- The next step is flashing Combination ROM, you can find it on our site or leave the comment below the model of your Galaxy device so that we can help you.
- Once you flash the Combination ROM successfully, insert a SIM card into your device
- Now, power off your device and install a custom recovery for your phone.
- You will now see the IMEI number of your phone, but you have not yet to make calls.
- Search for any ROM cook for your device. ( You can find it on our site for some of the models or search Google or forums)
- Copy it to your phone and then flash it through custom recovery.
- Once done, you will see the IMEI number comes back and you have successfully fixed the IMEI lost or S/N only issue.
Also read: How To Fix IMEI Lost, IMEI Null On Oppo F3
If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.