While Samsung has officially stopped updates for all Galaxy S6, S6 Edge devices at Android 7.0 Nougat, the does not mean those who are using a Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge cannot update their phone to the newer Android version. If you are using a Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and are looking for a great custom ROM, then this post would like to share you a Galaxy Note 8 Port ROM for all Galaxy S6/S6 Edge devices. This new ROM brings main features of Galaxy Note 8, which are very useful for Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. Keep reading this post to install this new ROM on your Galaxy phone.
- Based on Galaxy Note 8 Oreo firmware
- Add July Security Patch
- Oreo Kernel
- Deodexed, Zipaligned
- Busybox v1.29.2 Installed
- Debloat Options in Aroma Installer
- Galaxy S6 G920F/I/S/K/L
- Galaxy S6 Edge G925F/I/S/K/L
This ported ROM is only for the listed above models, so if you are using a different Galaxy S6/S6 Edge variant, do not flash the ROM on your phone, as it might end up bricking your phone.
Before flashing this new port Note 8 ROM, you have to do some things first
- Back up all data on your phone as flashing ROM will ease them all
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues.
- As it’s a custom ROM, so it needs a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to flash the ROM.
We’ll get started with installing TWRP recovery on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge.
Install TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S6/S6 Edge:
- First, download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download and extract Odin v3.13.1 to flash TWRP recovery
- Get TWRP 3-2-2 recovery for your phone. Remember to đơnlaod the compatible TWRP for your model:
Galaxy S6 (.tar file)
Galaxy S6 Edge (Get .tar file)
- Get no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip and copy it into your internal storage and flash it later in TWRP recovery to avoid bootloop.
- On your S6/S6 Edge, go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock option
- Power your phone off, and press Power + Home + Volume Down buttons altogether to boot your phone into Download mode
- connect your phone to the computer, and wait for it to install necessary drivers
- Next, open Odin and check if the ID:COM is blue color. If yes, that means the connection is successful.
- In Odin window, click on AP button and browse to the recovery file you downloaded earlier.
- Next, click on Options tab and uncheck Auto reboot option:
- Click on Start to start the installation process.
- Once done, unplug the cable, press Power + Home + Volume Down to reboot Download mode. When your phone turns on, quickly hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons to boot your phone into TWRP recovery
- From there, tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik, Cache, Data on your phone. Then, install the no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip file on your phone.
After you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your S6/S6 Edge, it’s time to flash the Note 8 ROM on your phone
How To Install Galaxy Note 8 ROM On Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
- Download the Galaxy Note 8 ROM and copy it into your phone internal storage
- Now, power your phone off and boot it into TWRP recovery (Power + Home +Volume Up buttons)
- In recovery mode, tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and choose four options: Dalvik, Cache, Data, System
- Next, tap on Install and flash the ROM. Wait for the process to complete and reboot your phone.
That’s all! You have successfully installed Galaxy Note 8 ROM on your S6/S6 Edge. Now, complete the initial setup and experience the new Galaxy Note 8 features. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.