Dear all Galaxy Tab A 2016 users! Samsung might seem to stop updating a newer Android version for your Galaxy Tab, which is a pity. You want to update your tablet to a newer version, but after spending hours on Google, you cannot find a cook ROM for your device. So, this post today is written to help you install the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your device. If you like to experience the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Galaxy Tab A 2016 (T285), then keep reading this post to update the version.
Android 7.1.2 For Galaxy Tab A 2016
- This ROM currently works with LTE SM-T285 model, if you flash it on SM-T280 model, your device might hang the logo.
- Back up all your important data on your tablet
- Charge your tablet’s battery to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues
Once done, let’s start installing the recovery on your device
Steps To Install TWRP recovery For Galaxy Tab A 2016 (T285 & T280)
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download and extract Odin v3.12.3 version on your computer
- Now, download the required files, including ROM file, Gapps file, TWRP recovery file from this link: Google Drive(You can also flash Gapps file from openGapps) ARM>7.1>pico if Gapps does not work
(Updated: The latest build of Android 7.1.2 Nougat- 17/10/2018: http://123link.pro/KZ97G ). If you get the bootloop issue, boot into TWRP recovery and make three wipes. If it does not help, you should flash the old ROM build.
- Now, on your tablet, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Version and tap on Build Number 7 times to activate Developer Option. Once done, return to Settings, tap on it and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Next, power your device off and boot it into Download mode by pressing Power + Vol Down + Home When you see the blue warning screen, simply tap on Vol Up button.
- Extract the TWRP recovery .zip file. Remove .md5 at the end of the file. The format is .tar
- Launch Odin.exe, click on AP button and browse to the extracted TWRP recovery file.
- Move to Options tab and uncheck Auto-reboot section. Next, click on Start to flash the TWRP recovery
- Once done, unplug the cable and press Power + Volume keys combination to reboot your tablet.
- When you see the Galaxy Tab A 2016 logo, quickly press Vol Up + Home button to boot into the TWRP recovery mode. If you fail to do it, repeat the step after powering off your device.
- From this screen, tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe: Dalvik, Cache, Data
- Once done, tap on Reboot and choose Power Off
Now, it’s time to update your Galaxy Tab A 2016 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
Install Android 7.1.2 For Galaxy Tab A 2016
- Extract the downloaded file above. (With the latest ROM build updated on 17/10, just copy it into your device internal storage).
- Next, copy the Gapps file into the internal storage of your device
- Open Odin again, switch your tablet off and continue to boot it into the Download mode again
- Connect your device to the computer again
- In Odin, click on AP button and browse to the folder containing the ROM file and then click on Start to flash it.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once done, your Galaxy Tab will automatically reboot.
That’s all! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy Tab A 2016 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. To install Google Play Services, just boot your device into TWRP and flash open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico.
If you feel this post helpful, let’s know in the comment below. Additionally, in case there is any problem, let’s know in the comment below.