Hands-free is a pre-installed app that usually appears on Samsung Galaxy phones, especially the phones come from Sprint carrier. This mode sometimes helps us a lot in answering calls and do other actions, but it sometimes make us feel annoyed. As hands-free activation is a stock app from the carrier, so you are not able to uninstall it normally as what you do with third-party apps. If you are looking for a solution to remove Hands-free activation on your Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, then this post will help you do that.
As ‘activate hands-free mode” issue usually comes from Sprint Galaxy phones, so this method is mainly created for them. We tested it on our Sprint Galaxy Note 5 but the tool still works with other devices.
- Your Galaxy phone must come from Sprint carrier
- Keep up your phone battery at least 50%
- Back up all data of your phone to avoid unwanted issues
Let’s start disabling Hands-free activation from Galaxy devices.
Disable Hands-Free Activation On Sprint Galaxy S7
- First, download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Next, download Debloater( Link) software and install it on your phone
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number 7 times until you see a message “you are now a developer”
- Next, return to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging Option
- Now, open Debloater app and connect your phone to the computer
- Select Read Device Packages and browse to the SprintDM.apk line. This is the app that notifies to activate hands-free mode.
- Click on Apply and wait for the tool to notify: Finished applying application changes to devices
- Finally, simply reboot your phone and check whether the hands-free activation requires activation.
Furthermore, with Debloater, you can also remove a few apps from Sprint carriers such as Activation.apk, ID.apk, SprintAndroidExtension.apk, SprintSyncMLSvc.apk, Vowifi.apk, Wificalling.apk, MobileInstaller.apk, ANTPlusPlugins.apk, ANDRadioService.apk, and others.
That’s how to disable hands-free activation on your Samsung Galaxy S7. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.
6 thoughts on “How To Disable Hands-Free Activation On Galaxy Phones”
Thanks It wo
rked like BOOm
Looks like a promising app to finally get rid of the Sprint “hands free Activation”
Have a Sprint Samsung S7 (not rooted and running Android 8) and I’m desperate (driving me crazy!) to disable this app, so I (exactly) followed your instructions and only 2 apks came up in the listing – ie. GameHome.apk and BeamService.apk (the latter relating to barcode for Amazon shopping)…
Unfortunately not seeing the listing for SprintDM.apk.
Welcome any ideas and suggestions on what I can try next.
Exact same result with my attempt unfortunately.
Could you find SprintDM.apk
Thanks for asking. No, just two APK files displayed after clicking Read Device Packages: AmazonShopping_USA.apk and BeamService.apk
Note, there is a pop-up message when Debloater first connects which starts with: “Your device does NOT support block mode…” Don’t know if that’s relevant?
hello sir , i have mobile s7edge and its not work 3g when i start hands-free activation ,3g work and off
when i disable hands-free activation ,3g is working?