Samsung has officially rolled out the Android 8.0 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950U) and S8+ (G955U) versions. If you are using one of these two variants of Samsung Galaxy S8, here is how you can update your device to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
Before getting started, you should make sure something first:
- Back up all your important data in case something goes wrong
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 70% to get rid of the unexpected issues.
- We will not take responsibility in case you have any issues with your device such as data loss or warranty loss
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
Once done, let’s start the process.
How To Bypass Google Account On Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
Update Galaxy S8 (G950U) And S8+ (G955U) To Android 8.0
- First, download and extract Odin app v3.12 on your Windows computer
- Download the necessary files
GALAXY S8 (G950U)
GALAXY S8+ (G955U)
- After you download the necessary files for your models, let’s start flashing the stock Android 7 with G950USQU1AQGL for Galaxy S8 and G955USQU1AQGL for S8+. To do so, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock options in Developer Options of Settings
- Now, power off your phone, boot into the Odin mode by pressing and holding Power + Bixby + Volume Down buttons, and slash the stock ROM with Odin. You can check this post to get the process.
- Once done, let’s start installing Android 8.0 Oreo by sideloading it
- Download adb fasstboot.zip from this link for the process
- Extract the zip file to get the adb fastboot folder
- Now, copy the Android 8.0 ROM into the fastboot folder
- Switch your device off again and boot it into the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons
- In recovery, choose Apply update from ADB section by using Volume and Power buttons
- Connect your phone to the computer and open adb_tools for entering the command
For Galaxy S8: adb sideload Android_8_G950U.zip
For Galaxy S8+: adb sideload Android_8_G955U.zip
Once the process is complete, choose Wipe data/factory reset from your device, and reboot your phone. That’s all! Now you have successfully installed the Android 8.0 on your Galaxy S8/ S8+. If you have any trouble, let’s know in the comment.