Samsung has started selling its Galaxy S8 all over the world. The device comes with a completely new UI layout and a set of new features. Many Android users want this new skin and these features on their handset. After a long wait, Galaxy S7/S7 edge users have a chance to experience the Galaxy S8’s stock ROM. This new ROM features a smooth and stability as well as a better-tweaked kernel for the handset. If you feel interested in the new ported ROM, we’re now here to help you. This new ported ROM is based on the latest stock firmware of the Galaxy S8.
Before starting the process, you should meet some pre-requirements. First, you need to install the custom recovery on your handset. Moreover, make a full backup of important data, because the update will format the storage. Besides, remember to enable the USB Debugging Option in Settings> Developer Options before the update as well. Among other essential requirements, charge your S7/S7 Edge to at least 50% battery to get rid of the unexpected issue during flashing the ported ROM.
This Rom is only for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, so flashing it on other devices will make it bricked. Therefore, only update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
Supported devices: SM-G930F, SM-G930FD, SM-G930S, SM-G930L, SM-G930K, SM-G930W8, SM-G935F, SM-G935FD, SM-G935S, SM-G935L, SM-G935K, SM-G935W8.
Steps to Flash S8 Plus Dream UX ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
Now let’s see how to flash stock S8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge.
- First, download the stock ROM for your Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge from here.
- After that, plug your handset to your computer and then move the stock ROM to the internal storage of your device.
- Now, power off your S7/ S7 Edge, detach the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power buttons at the same time. After that, press the Volume Down button after a warning message appears.
- In Custom recovery, tap Wipe and select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” to wipe data and clear cache to avoid unexpected bugs later.
- Then choose the “Install ” option and select the ROM file that you moved into.
- Now swipe to install the ROM on your S7/S7 Edge smartphone and wait the file is flashed on your device.
- Once the process is complete, return to the recovery menu, and tap “reboot”.
Congratulation! Wait for your device reboots and you can now taste all features of Galaxy S8 on your S7/ S7 Edge. In case you get any issues, inform me in the comment below, I shall find out solutions for you.