The Redmi 4A is one of the Xiaomi best-selling mid-range smartphones late last year and earlier this year. However, with the slowness in upgrading firmware version, the devices still stop at Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and there is no rumor about the Android Nougat. However, if you are having a Xiaomi Redmi 4A and are interested in tasting a higher Android version, we now have great news for you. That’s is the Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix OS ROM for your handset. So, in this post, we’ll show you a step-by-step guide to flash the ROM. Although it’s a little difficult for the newbies, that doesn’t mean the new Android 7.1.1 ROM is not for you.
Before flashing this Custom ROM update, your device needs to pre-install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also, you have already unlock bootloader of your device. In addition, make a full backup of your important data. Finally, keep at least 50% power left on your device so that it will not shut down during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Custom ROM update is only for the Xiaomi Redmi 4A, so you should not use it on any other devices to get rid of any issues or bugs created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 7.1.1 Resurrection ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and then the Gapps file for your Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
- The, enable the USB Debugging option on your device by going to Settings> Additional > Developer Options
- After that, plug your device to your computer & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage your device.
- Then power off your Xiaomi Redmi 4A, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power+Volume Up buttons for 10 seconds
- Here, make a clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” options.
- Now install the downloaded files on your handset. Tap on the “Install” and select the Resurrection Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait until it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
- Once the process is complete, reboot your device by tapping “reboot system” option.
Also read: How To Install Android 7.1.1 ROM On OnePlus 2
That’s all you need to do. Your Xiaomi Redmi 4A will now boot up immediately without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your handset to experience the Android 7.1.1. Let’s know the changes that you see on your device. In case getting any issues, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issues.