Dear all LG G6 users! Any of you here are using a US carrier LG G6 variant such as AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint. If yes, this post today will help you to flash the global ROM of LG G6 on the US carrier models. If you are using a carrier LG G6, you will see that there are a bunch of trash apps from that carrier as well as other inconveniences that you might have to face. But you can now easily get rid of all of such issues and use your carrier LG G6 as a global version. Keep following this post to do it yourself.
For those who are using Sprint LG G6, after flashing the Global version, there might be a few bugs on your device.
- Sometimes your device can lose 4G/LTE signals
- Your Sprint device will be locked if hard reset by the hard buttons. So you should keep in mind this
- Non-FM Radio
- Use the stock message app of Google
The process will format all data on your device, so you should make a backup first to avoid unexpected issues.
- Download LG UP file to flash the Global ROM from here
- Get the latest KDZ file for H873, LS993 & H8371 from https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h873-firmwares/
Once you meet the requirements, let’s start flashing global ROM on your carrier LG G6.
Also read: How To Unlock SIM Of Sprint LG G6 & LG V20
How To Flash Global ROM On US LG G6
- First, extract the downloaded LG UP file onto your computer
- Install the 2.0.exe driver in the LG UP folder.
- Copy the KDZ file into the patch: C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP
- Plug your phone into the computer and choose the file transfer mode
- Run LG UP.exe as an administrator. Choose the Patition DL mode in LG UP as the image below
6. Go to the folder containing the KDZ file and click on Start
7. When the Partition list appears, tick on all options (click all) in the popup window
8. Click on OK and wait for the process to complete
9. Once the process is done, you need to make a hard reset. To do so:
- Press & hold Vol Down + Power buttons
- When the LG logo displays, go of the Power button and then press it again. After that, press Vol Down for the selection
- When the factory menu appears, choose Reset
That’s all! You have now successfully flashed the Global ROM on your carrier LG G6. If you have any trouble, let’s know in the comment below.
Updated: After plugging your phone into the computer, choosing file transfer, and following the above steps, if your device shows the error, switch your phone completely off, press Vol UP and connect the cable to boot into the Download Mode. From there, continue the process normally.
If your device is stuck at logo bootup, boot your device into the recovery by pressing Vol Down + Power buttons in a few seconds. After that, release the Power key and press it again. Once you are in this mode, wipe all your data.