Mi A1 is the first Xiaomi’s smartphone in the Android One program. The phones comes with a pure Android software, good hardware as well as a great design. Great news for all Mi A1 users as you can now unlock the bootloader of your device. Once your device’s bootloader is unlocked, you will be able to access to the system partition to install custom ROMs, kernels, root your phone and more. The process for unlocking is so simple and you won’t need any confirmation code or any special program on your computer except for ADB / Fastboot utility. If you want to unlock bootloader your Mi A1, here are complete steps to unlock bootloader on your smartphone.
But before getting started, here are some pre-requirements you should meet first
- Back up all of your important data via Google or Dropbox in case there is something wrong happens.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB driver from here
- Turn on USB Debugging option on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Option.
- This unlocking bootloader tutorial is only for Xiaomi Mi A1, so don’t try this on any other phones.
- This tutorial is performed on Windows, but if you are familiar with Fastboot on Mac or Linux, you can also perform with the same commands.
- Your phone will void the warranty after unlocking the bootloader.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi A1
- First, download and install ADB, Fastboot tool on your computer from
SDK Platform-Tools for Windows: platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
SDK Platform-Tools for Mac: platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
SDK Platform-Tools for Linux: platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
- Switch off your Xiaomi Mi A1. After that, hold down the Volume Down button while connecting it to your computer. Your phone will now enter the fastboot mode.
- Go to the ADB / Fastboot folder in your computer. For Windows: open Command Prompt by right-clicking and pressing Shift button. For Mac and Linux: use Terminal to go to the ADB / Fastboot directory.
- Next, enter the following ADB command and press Enter to unlock the bootloader your Xiaomi Mi A1.
fastboot oem unlock
- Once the process is complete, type in the following command
That’s all! Your Xiaomi Mi A1 is now unlocked bootloader. You can now install the custom recovery, a custom ROM or root. But you should be careful with what you do!
If you have any problems while performing this tutorial, let’s know in the comments below.