Android 7.0 Nougat is hitting on many smartphones of OEMs and Sony smartphones are not exception. A few days ago, Sony officially released the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update for its mid-range smartphones Xperia XA and XA Ultra. The update comes in form of the OTA update, but you have not yet to receive the update notification on your handset, here is step-by-step guide to manually flash the update.
Update Sony XA, XA Ultra To Android 7.0 Nougat
Before getting started, first you need to download the firmware update for your device:
Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Xperia XA Ultra
- Xperia XA Ultra Dual| Download| File: F3216_36.1.A.0.179_R1B…02-4358.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra Dual| Download| File: F3212_36.1.A.0.179_R1B…08-1045.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra| Download| File: F3215_36.1.A.0.179_R1B…02-9720.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra| Download| File: F3213_36.1.A.0.179_R2B…02-9695.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra| Download| File: F3211_36.1.A.0.179_R2B…02-4774.ftf
Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Xperia XA
- Xperia XA Dual| Download| File: F3116_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4387.ftf
- Xperia XA Dual| Download| File: F3112_33.3.A.0.127_R1B…02-4396.ftf
- Xperia XA| Downlaod| File: F3115_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4361.ftf
- Xperia XA| Download| File: F3113_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4377.ftf
- Xperia XA| Download| File: F3111_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4459.ftf
Once the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware is downloaded, here are steps to update your device to Android Nougat. There are two ways to install the firmware by using the latest Flash Tool or Sony Xperia PC Companion. Now we’ll instruct you to flash the update with the help of the flash tool.
- Download and Install the Flashtool. Once done, go to its location “C:\Flashtool\drivers” to install Flashmode and Fastboot drivers. One thing you should note that if your computer is running on Windows OS 8/8.1/10, you will have to disable driver signature verification.
- Now move the firmware update file to the location: “C:\Users\username\.flashTool\firmwares”
- Now launch Flashtool and click on Flash device->Flashmode.
- Now choose Flash and follow the instructions. If you are prompted to use a script, select No.
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your phone normally and the latest Marshmallow firmware is now on your device. It will take 15-20 minutes to boot up, so be patient.
Once your device turns on, you can enjoy your new Nougat firmware. If you need any help, let’s know in the comment below.