Dear all Nexus 7 2012 users! We have special news for you today. Your Nexus 7 2012 can now update to the Android 7.1.2 Nougat version. This Rom is based on the nearly latest LineageOS build of Android 7.1.2 Nougat & comes with a number of new changes for your tablet. If you like this ROM, here is how to update your Nexus 7 2017 to the Android 7.1.2.
Here are the new features of Beanstalk custom ROM that is based on 7.1.2 Nougat. We are sure you’d love to flash it your Nexus 7:
Compiled using UberTC for best user experience
Built in Task Manager switcher
App Circle bar
System UI Tuner
Quicker system animations
Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
Option to enable all widgets
Numerous extra lockscreen options
Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
3-minit battery support
Clock and date options
Contextual Header – Original and Polygraphic
Battery styles – Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
Do not disturb option
Show notification count
Recent screen options
Customizable navigation bar
Use Omniswitch as default recents
Built-in screen record
App Circle bar
Disable FC warnings
Disable Immersive message
Force expanded Notifications
Configure scrolling cache
Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
Less frequent Notification sounds options
CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
Enable/disable wake up on charge option
Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
LOS Performance options and features
Hide superuser icon
Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
Custom Snap Camera which works much better than AOSP
New Kernel Control
However, as this is a Custom ROM, so your device might probably come with a small bug. Before flashing this ROM, you should definitely meet the pre-requirements.
Also read: How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Nexus 4
First, your Nexus 7 2017 needs to be installed a custom TWRP/CWM recovery before update. Besides, remember to make a Nandroid backup for your device as they data can get lost during the update. You should also enable USB Debugging option in Settings > Developer Options before update in order for connecting your device with computer more easily. Among other important needs, maintain at least 70% power left to avoid unexpected shutdown during the custom ROM update. Now see on how to update Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Nexus 7 2012.
How to update Nexus 7 2012 to Android 7.1.2
- First, download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM & Gapps for your Nexus 7 2012
- Next, plug your device to your computer and then copy the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the internal storage. After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into the Bootloader Mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen and choose BOOTLOADER to go to the custom recovery mode.
- Here, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Nexus 7 2012.
- Then choose “Install” option and flash the Beanstalk Custom ROM from your device.
- Reboot into recovery again and flash the Nougat Google Apps package
- Once done, return to the recovery menu and select “reboot now”.
That’s all you have to do. Wait for your device to boot up. Now you can taste the above-mentioned features on your Nexus 7 2012. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.