The Android 8.0 Oreo update has already hit the LG V30 Plus devices, but not all of them receive this Android update. Some Verizon LG V30 Plus users said that they could get the Android 8.0 Oreo update easily through OTA, but other V30 Plus users said that their phone still stopped at Android Nougat and there was not any OTA update when checking it in About Phone > Software Update. If you are using an LG V30 Plus H933 version and your phone is still running on Android Nougat, here are steps to update your phone to the latest Android 8 Oreo. The process is done with LGUP software, so you should not have to worry about voiding the warranty or other something else.
Note: We tested this firmware on LG V30 Plus H933 model, do not try flashing it on other models since it can cause the bootloop issue or brick your phone
- Back up all the data on your phone in case something goes wrong
- Charge your phone battery to at least 50%
- A Windows computer is required for the update process
- Download the latest LG driver from this link
- Get the LGUP software to flash the Android 8.0 firmware
Now, let’s start flashing Android 8.0 firmware on LG V30 Plus H933 model.
How To Update LG V30 Plus H933 To Android 8.0
- Install the LG driver on your computer
- Download the Android 8.0 firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W0tNOrs_Ciy4XnVk1Li-IpawL9lIAjko/view
- Next, extract the LGUP.zip file
- Run the LGUP_Store_Frame.msi
- Once done, continue to open UPERCUT.exe
- From the File Type section, browse to the folder containing the KDZ firmware of LG V30 Plus
- In the Process option, click on UPGRADE
- Finally, click on Start button and wait about 10 minutes for the flashing process to complete.
That’s it. When LGUP displays the “Done 100%” message on the screen, just power up your phone and taste the Android 8.0 Oreo update. Keep in mind that once your phone boots up, perform a factory reset to make the apps work best. If you have any issue, let’s know in the comment below.