Galaxy S7 and S7E are two 2016 Samsung S-series flagships with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow pre-installed. Samsung has recently updated all Galaxy S7/S7E devices to Android 7.0 Nougat, including Sprint S7/ S7 Edge devices. But many Sprint S7/S7E users have recently reported that their device was locked again after updating to Android 7.0 version. If you are in the same trouble, we’ll share with you a solution in this post today.
Before getting started, here are requirements you should meet firsts:
- Back up all your important data of your Sprint S7/ S7 E
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Download Odin app and Samsung USB driver on your computer
Updated: Download this modified Odin for those who get the “SHA256 is Invalid” error with Odin.
- Enable Developer Options mode by accessing Settings > About Phone and tapping 7 times on Build Number until you see a message you are now a developer
- Return and activate USB Debugging and OEM Unlock sections
Once done, now let’s start the process of unlocking Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge running Android 7.0 Nougat
Unlock Sprint Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge Running Android 7.0
- First, download the unlock file for your device
- Once you save it on your computer, extract and launch the Odin app
- Now, power off your phone and boot it into the Download Odin mode by pressing Volume Down + Home+ Power buttons together. After you see a warning, press Volume Up button to boot into this mode
- Plug your device into your computer. If you see the COM:ID turn into the blue color, that means the connection is successful. If not, check to install the Samsung USB driver again
- Now, click on AP button in Odin and choose the unlock file.
- In Options tab, uncheck the Auto-reboot option
- Once it’s loaded, click Start to begin the process.
- Wait for the process to complete. Now, press and hold Volume Up +Home + Power buttons at the same time to boot into the recovery mode. From there, choose Wipe data/factory reset
That’s all! Reboot your Sprint S7/S7E and enjoy your result. If you face any trouble, let’s know in the comment.