After six beta release of Android 8.0 for Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus, Samsung has finally rolled out the official Android Oreo update for SM-G950F and SM-G955F models. So, if you are using one of these two models and want to enjoy the official Android 8.0, keep reading this post to download and flash the stock ROM on your device.
Before flashing the ROM, you should make some things first:
- Back up all your data as the process will delete all things
- Download Odin and Samsung USB drivers to flash it
- Charge your phone battery to at least 50% before flashing the stock ROM
DOWNLOAD Stock ROM
As it’s a four files stock ROM, so you can read this post to know how to flash the stock ROM using Odin.
Bootloop Issue After Updating Android 8.0 And Its Fixes
If your Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus gets the bootloop issue after upgrading to Android 8.0 Oreo, here is the method you can try to fix the issue.
Clear the cache with Stock Recovery Mode
Follow these steps to enter recovery mode:
- Power your phone off and press & hold the Bixby + Volume Up+ Power buttons simultaneously
- Until you see “Samsung Galaxy S8” or “Samsung Galaxy S8+” logo appearing on the screen, release all buttons
- There will be a message “Installing system update” for a few seconds
- Next, it will say “No command” for a few seconds before booting Android Recovery Mode
- Now, use the Volume rocks to navigate to “Wipe cache partition” and “Wipe data” option
- Confirm your choice with the Power button, and then reboot your Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus.
- Once booted up, check if the issue has been fixed.