Dear all Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and Note 5 users. Do you want to experience the full view display as well as the great features of Galaxy S8 Plus on your smartphone? If yes, in this post today, we want to introduce a newly ported ROM of S8 Plus for Galaxy S6 Edge and Note 5 devices. Keep reading this post to flash the ROM on your phone.
- Galaxy Note5: N920x (N920T/W8, N920CIG, N920CD, N920SKL, N9208)
- Galaxy S6 Edge+: G928x (G928CIGF, G928T/W8, G928SKL G9287C)
- Galaxy S6 Edge: G925x (G925CIGF, G925SKL)
- Galaxy S6: G920x (G920CIGF, G920SKL)
- Based on S8+ firmware and Note 5 Nougat Firmware
- Upgrade to newest base DGEB.
- Kernel updated to the newest sources.
- Enable Touchwiz Page Transition Effects
- Completely fix Screenshot button
- ROM CONTROL
- CSC/OMC collection updated
Before starting the update, there are certain things you should note
- Back up all your important data
- Download Odin v 3.12 to flash the ROM
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Enable Developer Options and turn on USD Debugging & OEM Unlock
Although the process is a little difficult for the newbie, that does not mean you cannot get this interesting ROM on your S6 Edge Plus or Note 5. Just follow the below steps exactly and you will be successful.
Install S8 Plus ROM For Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Note 5
- First download TWRP recovery for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus & Galaxy Note 5 (remember to choose your right model)
- Now, turn off your phone and boot it into the Odin mode by pressing and holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons and then Volume Up button
- Connect your phone to the computer, extract and run Odin app. Wait for a few seconds so that the computer detects your phone
- Now, flash the TWRP recovery by click on the AP box to choose the file
- Once your phone boots up, start downloading the ported Rom and kernel onto your computer
- Once done, copy two files into the internal storage of your device
- Switch it off and then boot your phone into the TWRP recovery mode by pressing Power + Home + Volume Up buttons
- From there, continuously flash the ROM file and the kernel without rebooting your phone.
That’s all! Wait for your phone to boot up and you can now taste all the new features of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. In case you have any trouble, let’s know in the comment, we’ll find out a solution for you.