Samsung has recently released its new Galaxy Note FE in some markets. Although it’s just a replacement for the ill-fated Note 7 last year, it is receiving a lot of welcome from customers. If you are having a Galaxy Note FE and want to tweak it, here is step-by-step guide to root and install TWRP custom recovery for your device.
But before proceeding, you should prepare something first:
- A computer and USB cable is required for the installation.
- Create a full backup of your Note FE
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50% to avoid unwanted issues.
- The rooting as well as installing TWRP will move from Knox 00 to Knox 01, which will lose the warranty. So, it’s your own responsibility.
Now, let’s start the process.
Root & Install TWRP Recovery For Galaxy Note FE
- First, download Odin v3.12 and Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Once done, install the driver and extract the Odin file
- Now, download TWRP recovery for Galaxy Note FE
- On your device, go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number and tap on it 7 times until you see the message you are a developer
- Next, return and tap on Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Switch off your device, and boot it into the Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time. After you see a warning message, press the Volume Up button to boot it into Odin mode.
- Launch Odin and connect your phone to the computer
- Wait for a few seconds until you see the COM:ID change into the Blue color, which means it’s successful.
- In Odin, click on AP box and choose the TWRP recovery file
- Now, click on Start to begin flashing recovery.
Also see: How To Bypass Google Account On Samsung Galaxy Devices
Wait for the process to finish, your FE will automatically reboot and boot into the custom recovery.
- Once it boots up successfully, download Supersu file and copy it into the internal storage of your Galaxy FE.
- Now, boot your phone into the custom recovery using Volume Up + Power + Home buttons together and flash the file.
That’s all! You have now successfully root and install TWRP customer recovery. If you have any trouble with the process, let’ know in the comment. In case you like a cook ROM, you can download this custom ROM from here