Any of you here are still using Samsung Galaxy Tab A T580/585. Although Samsung has officially stopped the Android firmware update for Galaxy Tab A T580/585, it does not mean you cannot update your tablet to the latest Android version. There are still custom ROMs based on the Android Pie version for Galaxy Tab A T580/585. In this post, we’d like to share you ResurrectionRemix ROM based on Android Pie update for all Galaxy Tab A T580/585 devices. If you are eager to install the ROM on your tablet, follow this post to download and install it on your device.
Before proceeding, you should prepare some things first so that the process can be successful.
- Back up all your important data first as the process will erase everything in your tablet internal storage.
- Keep your tablet battery at least 50% so the nothing goes wrong during the process.
- A TWRP recovery is required to flash the ROM. You can use Odin to install TWRP recovery 3-2-4 on your Galaxy Tab A. Download it from the link below:
- If you have already installed a TWRP custom recovery on your tablet, you can then update it to the latest version by flashing twrp-3.2.3-4.img file. To do so, boot your phone into TWRP recovery (Power + Home + Power buttons), tap on Install > Install img and flash it.
This ResurrectionRemix Android 9.0 custom ROM is only for Galaxy Tab A T580/585, so you must not flash it on other devices, as it might end up bricking. We’ll not take any responsibility if there is any bug created after the update.
Also see: How To Update Galaxy Tab A 2016 (T285) To Android 7.12
Steps to install Android Pie ROM On Galaxy Tab A T580/585
- Download all required files and copy it into the internal storage of your tablet
- Now, power your device off and boot it into TWRP recovery. To do so, press & hold Power + home + volume Up buttons at once for a few seconds until TWRP screen appears.
- From there, tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and tick on three options: system, cache and dalvik and data
- Tap on Install and flash the ROM file. Once done, do not reboot your phone yet, continue to flash the OpenGapps file to get Google Services.
- Install zip if you want to root your tablet.
When everything is all done, simply tap on Reboot to reboot your tablet. That’s all! You have successfully installed ResurrectionRemix Android 9.0 ROM on your Galaxy Tab A. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.