Dear all Xperia smartphone users! Any of you here are getting trouble with removing password, Pin code or pattern on the lock screen of your device. Due to some reasons, you might forget the password or pattern to unlock your Xperia phone. So, to help you get rid of this trouble, this post will show you how to remove password, Pin code, pattern on your phone.
Remove Password, Pin code, Pattern On Xperia Devices
In the latest versions, booting into stock recovery mode and wiping data might not help you to remove password, pin code or pattern lock on your phone, so this post will use the Sony Xperia Companion software.
- First, download and install the software (the link above) on your Windows computer
- Once done, launch the app and click on Software Repair option
- Connect your phone to the computer, and you will see the message that your device is locked and it requires you to do some tasks.
- Now, unplug the cable and tick on the box: My device cannot be detected or started
- Click on Next and choose Xperia Phone & Tablet option
- Click on Next and tick on the box: I know my Google Account details
- In the Initializing screen, connect your phone to the computer again.
- Your phone model will now be displayed on the top left corner. Wait for a few seconds for the process to complete.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, tick on the box: I understand my personal content will be lost
- The software will start repairing your Xperia device and all you need is waiting for the process to complete
Once done, you have successfully removed the password, pattern lock on your Xperia phone.
Bonus: How to Fix Issues When Installing Xperia Companion Software (kernel32.dll)
Those who are still using Windows 7 version, you might not see the kernel32.dll error when installing the Xperia Companion software. To fix this problem, you just install a small system update file for your computer. Once done, restart your computer and run the software as an administrator.