Dear all Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X user! As you know, Xiaomi officially introduced the new MIUI 10 beta version for the compatible devices. However, it’s pity, our Redmi Note 4X was not in the first list of devices getting MIUI 10 beta. However, nothing is impossible. After a long wait, the Miui 10 global beta 8.7.10 is now available for all Redmi Note 4X devices. If you feel interested with this new update, here is a step-by-step instruction to flash MIUI 10 update on your Redmi Note 4X.
- Back up all your important data to avoid something goes wrong
- A Windows computer to flash TWRP recovery first. If you have already installed TWRP recovery on your phone, you can skip “installing TWRP recovery below step”
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to do the process
How to Install TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 4X
To flash MIUI 10 update, you need to install TWRP recovery for your Redmi Note 4X first. Follow the below step to install it.
- First, you must have unlocked bootloader your Note 4X from here
- Next, download ADB Fastboot Tool and then extract it on your computer
- Download TWRP 3-2-1 and put it into the extracted ADB Tool folder in C drive
- Power your phone off and boot it into Bootloader by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons
- Go to ADB Fastboot folder and press Ctrl + Shift + right click and choose -> Open command window here. Now, enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-mido.img
- Once done, continue to enter the below command to boot into recovery mode:
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-mido.img
Now, wait for your phone to boot into the TWRP recovery mode. If your phone hangs Mi logo, then flash LazyFlasher to fix it.
It’s time to install MIUI 10 global beta 8.7.10 for Redmi Note 4X.
Also read: MIUI 10 For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 And Note 3 Pro
How to Flash MIUI 10 global beta 8.7.10 on Redmi Note 4X
- Download the ROM update from this link: http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.7.10/miui_HMNote4XGlobal_8.7.10_675dae5ca3_7.0.zip
- Once done, copy it into the SD card or internal storage of your phone
- Switch it off and then boot it in TWRP recovery by pressing & holding Power + Volume Up buttons for 10-15 seconds
- This step now is very important; you should note it to avoid being stuck logo. Tap on Wipe and make 4 wipes: Systems, Data, Dalvik, Cache
- Now, tap on Mount option and disable Mount System if it’s not.
- Now, tap on Install to flash the MIUI 10 global beta 8.7.10. Once done, you should also continue to flash LazyFlasher to ensure 100% your phone will not be stuck at Mi logo.
That’s it! You have now successfully flash MIUI 10 update on your Redmi Note 4X. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.