If you are a fan of custom ROM, you must be familiar with LienageOS custom ROMs. Aside from AOSP or Resurrection Remix open sources, LineageOS is very popular in the custom ROM community. All of us know that the duo Google Pixel & Pixel is running on the stock & pure Android version with optimized performance and features. However, LineageOS custom ROM comes with more customizations that allows you to do more with your phone.
LineageOS 16 got started with support for 24 devices, then covering the popular smartphones such as the Xiaomi POCO F1, OnePlus 5/5T, OnePlus 3/3T, and other models from Sony, Samsung, Huawei. And now, LineageOS team has officially added in nightly support for the Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL devices.
If you are a Pixel or Pixel Xl phone and want to experience the new features of LineageOS 16.0 build, then read on this post to download and flash this great custom ROM on your phone.
Before proceeding, you should meet some requirements first:
- Back up all your important data since flashing ROM will erase everything on your phone internal storage
- A TWRP recovery 3.2.x is required to install the custom
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues during the process
Once you are all set, let’s start installing LineageOS 16.0 custom ROM on your Google Pixel/Pixel XL.
Steps to install LineageOS ROM for Google Pixel/Pixel XL
- First, you need to download ROM file as well as Gapps file first
LineageOS ROM Pixel XL: https://download.lineageos.org/marlin
LineageOS ROM Pixel: https://download.lineageos.org/sailfish
- Copy both the files into the internal storage of your phone
- Power your Pixel off ad boot it into TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP recovery menu, tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and tick on four options including Data, Cache, Dalvik/ART, and System
- Swipe to confirm your action.
- Next, tap on Install and flash the LineageOS 16 ROM file first
- Wait for the process to complete. DO NOT reboot your phone yet. Continue to install the OpenGapps file to get Google services
- Once everything is done, simply tap on Reboot option to reboot your Pixel/Pixel XL.
That’s all you need! You have successfully installed LineageOS 16 custom ROM on your Google Pixel/Pixel XL. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below