Apple has officially released the iOS 12.1.4 version for supported iPhone/iPad models to fix FaceTime group problems as well as improve slightly performance for devices. However, it’s not a piece of great news for iOS users who like the jailbreak. The latest UncOver jailbreak tool currently works with iOS 12- 12.1.2, so the iOS 12.1.4 version will be invalid. If any of you here have already updated your iPhone/iPad to the latest iOS update while you still want to jailbreak your device, then this post will help you that is downgrading to the iOS 12.1.1 version to jailbreak iPhone/iPad.
Even when Apple has stopped signing this version, but the iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 build is still available for the downgrade. So, you can downgrade your phone to this version to jailbreak it. In this post, we will use 3UTools to downgrade to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 version and then jailbreak your iPhone/iPad.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 with 3UTools
- First, you need to download 3UTools on your Windows computer. Also, make sure the latest version of iTunes is already installed on your computer. You can download 3UTools from the link below:
- Once done, simply install the tool on your computer by following the onscreen instructions.
- Open it, then unlock your iPhone/iPad and connect it to your computer with a Lightning cable.
- On your phone, go to Settings and log out any
- Click on Flash & JB section and download iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 version. Once done, simply click on Flash button and wait for the process to complete. Remember to back up your important data for using later.
- Your iPhone is now running on iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 version. Simply complete the setup wizard on your phone.
- Now, go to Settings > Software Update and disable Automatic Updates
- Open Safari and enter this address: com, grant the permission and download the Profile.
- Continue to head back Settings > Profile > Install Tweakbox Profile
- Return your Home screen and open the app. Search for and download uncOver jailbreak and install it.
- Return to Settings > Profile and trust uncOver jailbreak.
- Now, open the app, tap on Jailbreak and wait for the process to complete.
The uncover jailbreak v3.0.0~b40 now supports all pre-A12 chipset devices running on iOS 12 with Cydia and Substrate working. You can download the IPA file and install it through Cydia Impactor from here.
If you see an error and restart when jailbreaking your iPhone/iPad, simply force reboot your device and do the jailbreak again.
Once done, your iPhone/iPad will automatically reboot! That’s all! You have successfully jailbroken your phone even when updating it to the latest iOS version. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.