Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro is one of the most successful mid-range smartphones of Samsung this year as it received a thousand of good feedback about performance, price, camera and more.
But if you root and install TWRP for your Galaxy J7 Pro, the performance of your device will be increased to a newly higher level as well as you can customize more device into the system that you are restricted without root access and custom recovery.
If you are finding solutions to root and install recovery for your Galaxy J7 Pro, reading this post won’t absolutely waste your time. Here is how to root, install TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy J7 pro.
But before getting started, you should note some things first:
- Back up all the important data on your phone
- Charge your device to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues.
- A Windows computer is required to complete the process
- Download the latest Odin app and Samsung USB driver to install on your computer.
Once done, let’s start the process of how to root and install TWRP custom recovery on J7 Pro.
Also see: How To Root & Install TWRP Recovery For Galaxy Note FE
Steps To Install TWRP On Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- First, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- In Developer Options mode, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Download the TWRP recovery file on your computer from this link. (It’s compatible with all J7 & J7 pro variants)
- Now, power off your phone and boot it into Odin mode by pressing Power + Home + Volume Down After you see a warning screen, press the Volume Up button to put it into the mode.
- Launch Odin app, click on AP button and choose the TWRP recovery file
- Click on Start to begin the process. Wait for the process to complete and your phone will automatically reboot.
Steps to Root Galaxy J7 Pro
- Now, download the Super SU root file on your computer from here
- Copy it into the internal storage of your device
- Power the phone off and boot it into the recovery mode by pressing Home + Volume Up + Power
- Tap on Install option and choose the SuperSU file and flash it
- Once done, reboot your device.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the TWRP as well as gained the root access on your Galaxy J7 pro. If you want to unlock your Galaxy J7 Pro, simply download Z3X tool and then launch it, choose the right model and Unlock.