Dear all the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus users! Do you want your device to run on a global version without the carrier ’s stock apps, bootup logo and many? If yes, today we’d like to help you remove all these annoyances with the Global stock ROM for the carrier’s Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus devices. Here are steps to install Global ROM on your carrier Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus.
- AT&T Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus / Note 8
- Verizon Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus / Note 8
- T-Mobile Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus / Note 8
- Sprint Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus / Note 8
- Full languages supported
- No Knox trip (0x0)
- Samsung logo bootup
- Remove all carrier’s apps.
- Add official kernel
- No lag or bugs
- Add quick toggle icon 2G/3G/4G, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Stable, fully OTA support
- Back up all your important data on your device before flashing the ROM
- Download and install Samsung USB driver and Odin v 3.13.1 on your computer.
Updated: Download this modified Odin for those who get the “SHA256 is Invalid” error with Odin.
- Keep your phone’s battery at least 30% to avoid unexpected issues
Once done, let’s start on how to flash the Global stock ROM on the carrier’s Galaxy S8/ S8 PLUS devices.
Flash Global ROM for Carrier Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus / Note 8
- First, download the stock global ROM for S8/ S8 Plus/ Note 8 (Android 8.0):
- Note 8:
- Once done, extract the file ROM file using Winrar (or 7zip)
- Rename the CSC file from .tar.md5 into .tar
- Drag file xxx.pit out of the folder to get the Pit file
- Launch Odin.exe and power off your phone
- Boot your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus/Note 8 into the Odin mode by pressing and holding the Bixby + Volume Down+ Power buttons together. Then you see a warning, press the Volume Up
- Connect your device to the computer and wait for Odin to detach your phone
- Select the parts of ROM continuously as Odin’s requirement: BL, AP, CP, CSC section (don’t select the Home file).
- Click on Pit option > Ok and select the Pit file you have just grabbed.
- Wait for a few seconds and then click on Start.
- Once done, unplug the cable and reboot your device
That’s all you have to do. You have successfully turned your carrier Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus/ Note 8 into the global version. Your device can now update through OTA without any issue. If you have any trouble, let’s know in the comment below.