Have you ever thought of bringing the “double tap to on-screen” feature like the knock code feature on LG smartphones on your Galaxy Note 4? Now you can do it easily just by following some simple steps in this post.
Despite having been launched for three years, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is still a hot phablet with the legendary S-Pen to serve for your daily works. Although Samsung did not add the double tap feature to on-screen features likes other smartphone brands, you can now easily bring it on your Note 4 just with the help of a custom kernel. However, before flashing this kernel, you should meet some requirements first:
- This Kernel is only for Galaxy Note 4, so if you flash it on any other Android devices, it might end up bricking it.
- Flashing it might delete all the data inside the internal storage, so you should create a full backup first.
- Charge the battery up to at least 50% so that your Note 4 will not die during the installation process.
- You also need a custom recovery such as TWRP, CWM already installed on your handset to flash this kernel.
Steps to Flash “Double Tap” kernel on Galaxy Note 4
- First, download the kernel for your Note 4 for Rooted Version and Non Rooted version.
- Then connect your device to your computer move the kernel file you downloaded into the internal storage. After that, power off your Smartphone, boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Up+ Home buttons for a few seconds.
- Here, choose “Install ” option and select the file that you moved in
- Now swipe to Install and wait till the file gets flashed on your Galaxy Note 4.
- Once the process is complete, tap No and wipe cache as well as dalvik to avoid bugs.
- Finally, return to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulation! You have successfully flashed the kernel on Galaxy Note 4 smartphone. If you face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.