Google has officially introduced the Android Pie version to the public and flagships usually get privileges to taste the latest Android OS. After a long wait, then OnePlus 6 users can now download the HydrogenOS Android Pie Public beta on their phone. Apart from the latest Android version, the update also brings a lot of features such as navigation interaction mode, color customization, Do Not Disturb enhancement and more. There is also an update for Gamer mode, which comes with call suspension and notification reminders.
For those who don’t know, HydrogenOS is developed for Chinese variant of OnePlus phones. The minus point is the HydrogenOS does not come with Google Apps Packages as Google is not supported in China, but you can still manually install Google packages. So, HydrogenOS is limited to only Chinese variants.
With Android Pie, there are many new features found on OnePlus 6, including App slices, App actions, new Settings and Volume sections, multi-camera API and more. If you feel like experiencing the HydrogenOS Android P public beta version on your OnePlus 6, then keep reading this post to flash it on your phone.
How To Install HydrogenOS Android Pie On OnePlus 6
- Download the HydrogenOS public beta version for your OnePlus 6 from this link
- Copy the OTA.zip file into the internal storage of your phone
- Next, launch Settings app and tap on System Update, click on System icon and choose Local Upgrade
- Select the OTA file that you just copied in
- There will now be a window that prompts you to update your phone. Simply click on Upgrade Now
- Your OnePlus 6 will now reboot to flash the OTA update file through stock recovery
- Once done, your phone will boot up. Next, power it off and boot it into recovery by pressing & holding Power + Volume Down buttons
- Use the Volume button to move to Wipe data section and perform it to erase data. Doing this will avoid bugs during the daily usage.
Finally, reboot your phone and enjoy the Android Pie public beta version.