Google has officially released the Android Pie version for Android phones. However, currently, it just supports Pixel devices and the Android P beta version is only for limited OEM smartphones. But, the great news is that the Android P is now available for most popular Android phones, thanks to Project Treble support. If you are eager to experience on your Android device, then you can follow this post to flash a ported Android Pie ROM on your phone. Let’s see! The new Android 9 Pie has features that are aimed at improving the battery life and fighting tech addiction.
Here is the list of official treble phones that can get Android Pie. The list will be broadened in the feature.
- Pixel (Source)
- Pixel XL (Source)
- Mate 9 (Source)
- Mate 9 Pro (Source)
- Mate 10 Lite/Honor 9i
- Huawei Nova 2
- Honor 7X (Source)
- Honor 8 (Source)
- Honor 8 Lite/Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Source)
- Honor 8 Pro (Source)
- Honor 9 (Source)
- Huawei P10 (Source)
- Huawei P10 Lite
- Huawei P10 Plus (Source)
- OnePlus 5 (Source)
- OnePlus 5T (Source)
- Xiaomi Mi Box (Source)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Source)
- ASUS Zenfone 4 – No vendor partition, so cannot flash GSI
- Essential Phone
- Razer Phone
- Sharp Aquos S2
- Back up all data of your device
- Your device must be unlocked bootloader
- A TWRP recovery supporting Project Treble is required to flash the GSI image
- Download Android Pie GSI Image – Link
- Download POST 1-2-3 – Link 1–Link 2 – Link 3
- Download Mokee Rom
Once you downloaded all the files for your phone, and copy them into the internal storage of your device, let’s start flashing Android Pie on your device.
Also see: How To Bypass Google Account On Android P 9.0
How To Install Android Pie On Android Phones
- First, power your phone off and boot it into Treble TWRP recovery
- From there, tap on Wipe and make a factory Wipe
- Tap on Home button and select Install and flash the Mokee ROM on your phone. This custom ROM is based on Android Oreo
- Wait for the process is completed. Do not reboot your phone yet.
- Now, tap on Mount and select Vender option
- Now, tap on Install > Install Image > choose DP5.img GSI file > System Image and swipe to flash.
- Once done, tap on Back > Install and flash Post GSI 1-2-3. Tap on Post GSI 1 > Add More Zip and choose GSI 2 & GSI 3. Swipe to flash three files.
Wait until the process is completed. Once done, reboot your device and you have already got the sweet Android Pie on your Android device. That’s all. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below