After a long wait, LG G6 finally received the official Android 9.0 Pie update. While Google has released Android 10 Q version, it’s still great when LG G6 (a two-year smartphone) get the Android 9 update. This update is for H873 and H873U models in Canada. If you are using a H873 LG G6, you can now update your phone to Android Pie version. In this guide, we will walk you through steps to manually update your Lg G6 to this version.
Before getting started, you should meet some requirements first so that the process can be successful.
- Back up all your data since the update will erase everything on your phone storage
- A stable internet is required to download files
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=18i…HuzInd7_sbRBvq (USB Drivers)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dJ…LpX9Mjumm5mtKp (LGUP 1.15.06)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V8…NBJdnW4gRj2uo0 (LGUP dll)
- https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-bridge-download-how-to-use-CT10000026-1438110404543 (LG Bridge)
Steps to Update LG G6 to Android 9.0 version
Also read: How To Flash Global ROM On US LG G6
Step 1: Install LG USB drivers on your computer. When done, continue to install LG Bridge on your device to update your LG G6
Step 2: Sign up an LG Bridge account that is similar to Google account being logged into your LG G6.
Step 3: Connect your LG G6 to the computer and wait for it to detect your phone. If you do not see your phone, go to Settings > About Phones and tap on Build Number 7 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer”. Return to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
Step 4: In LG Bridge window, click on Software Update
Step 5: Now, follow the onscreen instructions to proceed the update
We recommend you to use Windows 10 version to avoid issues. The entire process will requires to