Samsung has officially rolled out the Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Note 5 SM- N9200 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G9280 with a lot of new features of Android Nougat. However, if you do not like the new interface on your devices, then today we have a new ROM for your handsets. That’s the ported ROM from Galaxy S8. The new ROM not only brings the interface of S8, but also adds a numbers of new features, including Bixby Assistant, Dual-SIM support, Stock Camera S8, Always On Display, Google Play and especially the Force Touch Home button and many more.
So if you feel interested in this ROM and want to experience all features of Galaxy S8 on your handsets, here is step by step guide to flash this new ROM on your handset. However, before getting started, there are some certain requirements you should meet. First, you need to install the custom recovery on your handset. Additionally, create a full backup of your important data, as the process will delete data on the internal storage. Besides, also enable the USB Debugging Option in Settings> Developer Options before the update. Among other essential needs, charge your Note 5 or S6 Edge Plus to at least 50% battery to get rid of shutdown issue during flashing the ROM.
This Rom is only for Galaxy Note 5 N9200 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus N9280, so flashing it on other devices will end up bricking it. Therefore, only update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
Now let’s see how to flash stock S8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus
Steps to Flash Ported S8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus
- First, download the Ported ROM for your Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus from here.
- After that, plug your handset to your computer and then move the ROM to the internal storage of your device.
- Now, switch off your Note 5 or S6 Edge Plus, detach the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power buttons at a same time. After that, press the Volume Down button after you see a warning message.
- Here, tap Wipe and select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” to wipe data and clear cache to avoid unexpected bugs.
- Then choose the “Install” option and tap the ROM file that you moved in.
- Now swipe to install the ROM on your handset and wait till the file is flashed on.
- Once the process is complete, go back to the recovery menu, and tap “reboot”.
Congratulation! Wait for your device reboots and you can now taste all features of Galaxy S8 on your Galaxy Note 5 or S6 Edge Plus. In case you have any trouble, inform me in the comment below, I shall find out solutions for you.