Thanks to hard-working OpenKirin team, the Paranoid Android 7.2.0 ROM is now available for the Honor 8 Pro devices. Although the build for the Honor 8 Pro is currently still in beta, you will get the latest stock Android UI, the Substratum Theme Engine, multi-SIM support, the AOSP Camera app, and more. So if you are having a Honor 8 Pro and want to experience these latest feature as well as the Android 7.1.2, this ROM is now for you. Here are steps to lead you through the update. While it’s a little difficult for the newbies, that doesn’t mean this new interesting ROM is not for you. You should only have a detailed knowledge of the update.
To flash the Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery image on your Honor 8 Pro. Also remember to create a full backup of your important data. Finally, charge your phone to at least 50% power to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update.
The new Custom ROM is only meant for the Honor 8 Pro, hence you should not flash it in any other device. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update and we will not remain responsibility if there is any issue during the update.
Also read: Ported HTC 10 ROM for HTC One M8
Steps to Flash Android 7.1.2 AOSPA ROM on Honor 8 Pro
- First of all, download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM file and then the Gapps (ARM64/7.1) file for your Honor 8 Pro.
- After that, connect your phone to your computer using an USB cable & move both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Then switch off your phone, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Honor 8 smartphone. To start installation, tap on the “install” and select the Lineage Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Next, swipe to start the installation and wait until it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your device.
- Once done, go back to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system”
Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Honor 8 Pro will boot up right away without any issues. After that, you can experience the latest Android 7.1.2. Definitely let’s know the changes that you see in your phone post update.