Creating dual sim for Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+ or Note 8 variants is not much difficult as before. So if you are using one of the Samsung Galaxy phones listed above, which is running Exynos chipset, this post today will help you turn your single SIM Galaxy model into the dual sim variant for completely free. If you feel interested in this, let’s follow the tutorial.
Once your Galaxy phone becomes the dual sim variant successfully, the dual sim feature will work forever. You won’t have to repeat the below steps anymore. The software running on your phone is the Global version, and you can easily update through OTA without any issue. All features on your phone still work normally.
- Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge (Exynos variants)
- Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus (Exynos variants)
- Galaxy Note 8 (N950F, N950N)
Although the process of turning a single sim Galaxy phone into the dual-SIM version is free, you must make sure some things:
- Your device must be a non-root phone
- KNOX / WARRANTY VOID: 0 (0x0000). You can check it by booting your phone into the Download mode.
- Driver: SamsungDriversPack_1.6.exe
- Tool: IGST-6.6.9.rar
- Z3X Tool Box. If you don’t have, purchase one or borrow your friends.
Also read: How To Bypass Google Account Galaxy S6, S6 Edge Devices (2018)
Update: You can use Kingtools to make dual-SIM for your Galaxy phone. Download it from this post.
How To Create Dual SIM For Exynos Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Launch the Calculator app and enter: (+30012012732+)
- Now, you need to enter a code from DRParser Mode:
For the Korean model: enter 319712358
For the F model: enter *#0808#
- If you are using a Korean variant, type in the next code:
KT: 776631 / 774632
- Once you enable the USB Settings, select DM+ACM+ADB and reboot your device
- Now, it’s time to use Z3X box to read CERT (click on Read CERT DIAG)
If Read CERT says error, then you should do the following steps to fix that
- Use Odin to flash combination ROM file for your phone. Remember to install the same combination ROM level as the current stock ROM on your phone.
- Install Realterm_22.214.171.124 to send this command: AT+PRECONFG=2,KTC. The tool prompts the yellow letters, that means it’s OK!
- Flash the stock ROM again, but only choose BL, AP, CSC options
- After reading CERT, use Notepad++ to edit the CERT file.
- Copy from the IMEI line and then paste it below these lines and add the number 2 as the image below.
- Next, flash combination ROM for your S7, S7 Edge, Note 8, S8, S8 Plus device. You can find the combination ROM for your device from here: ( remember to flash the same level of combination ROM)
Combination ROM For Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus/Note 8 Devices
- Once you successfully flashed the combination ROM, launch the IGST-6.6.9 tool and connect your phone to the computer
- Select NEW SEC MSL RESET > tick on Dual SIM option after you check everything OK
- Select CERT WRITE OVER ADB(ROOT) and wait for 30 seconds. That’s nearly done!
- Reboot your device and you will see a message saying that you have successfully changed from single SIM into dual SIM support
- The last step is flashing the stock on your device and then enjoying the dual SIM support on your Galaxy phone.
Above is the instruction to change from single SIM into the dual SIM support on the Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, and Note 8. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.
GOODLUCK TO YOU!
21 thoughts on “How To Change Single SIM Into Dual SIM Support On Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, Note 8”
Hi When I write Cert over ADB(root), I get pass on everything in 6.6.9 but after rebooting the phone IMEI is still a single. No message saying changed to dual either. Any suggestions?
I think your DRparser code for KTC is out of date. It should be 774632.
thank you for your helpful information. We update it now
No problem. Have you any thoughts as to how to get my G950N to write the copy and pasted part of the CERT to the phone? It will only write the original single IMEI and has no errors while doing so.
Hello guys and thanks for this interesting tutorial.
Is there any way/method to bring dual sim support without root?
Is there any way to read CERT without a GSM box like Z3X?
Thanks for your replies
you can use Chimera Mobile Phone Utility
Hi, thanks for the useful tip. I have one question. Will the above method void Knox warranty? Mine is G950N.
Yes, of course, Raph!
Hi, and what is Note 9 N960F 128GB Exynos?thx.
You can use Kingtools to make dual SIM on your Note 9.
i have one after dual cert write ,after reboot no option change single to dual imei also showing one what the issue my all steps cleared in note 8
Is it possible to convert Samsung S8 SM-G950U (snapdragon processor- T-mobile unlocked) from single sim to dual sim.
It only supports exynos variant, bro!
That might be a bug. We’ll update the latest build as soon as it’s possible.
Friend very good your post many congratulations, a question my team did not come out What can I do about it and how to update the inventory of the device.
DEVICE: CE0417141D042D3705 FOUND
AKSEEDNO READ: 26827-105-1207
AKSEEDNO WRITE: 24378-96-112
AKSEEDNO AUTH: PASS
IMEI WRITE: PASS
CERT WRITE: PASS
IMEI CERT SIGN: FAIL
SLAVE IMEI WRITE: PASS
CERT WRITE: PASS
PROCESS RUNTIME 00:00:34.80
Thanks for all info. I’ve converted my galaxy S8+ F model from single to dual with both IMEI nos same and is working. But I’ve been told that I should not upgrade my android version from 8 to Pie 9. If I do so, my mobile may not work properly. Is this right?
Yes you should not update your phone since it will lose dual SIM feature. You will need to do it again.
Hi, i convert my note 8 from single sim to dual, work great in android 8 but when update to android 9 it lost imei, i try to flash 9 with the modem of 8 but dont work in the same way try with flash BL + Modem from 8 and system from 9, and again the same happen, i feel good with android 8 but if one day wanna try android 9 i whish to can update without a problem.
Any can help or know what happen?
hi, note8 second IMEI STATUS NG after converted dual sim
first IMEI STATUS OK