As many of you know, Samsung will release the official Android pie 9.0 for its latest flagships in January, 2019. Currently, Galaxy S9/S9 Plus users in selected markets, such as The United State, South Korea, Germany, … can enroll in the Android Pie beta program through Samsung+ app or Samsung Member.
So, how about Galaxy S9/S9 Plus users in other markets? Great news for any of you who are using the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. An XDA member managed to successfully port the file settings of this beta update and you can flash it through Odin.
Before proceeding, you should note that you could receive any official update notification from Samsung, so this beta build is encouraged for those who like tweaking your phone. Don’t waste your time anymore. Let’s start installing the Android Pie beta build with the new One UI.
Since it’s still the beta build, so there will be some bugs and it only supported for a few models:
+ Exynos model:
– S9_G960F: the update.zip for BRJ6 to ZRKA, and BRJ6 Odin files.
-S9+_G965F: the update.zip for BRJ6 to ZRKA, and Odin files.
+ Snapdragon model:
– S9_G960U: the update.zip for U3BRJ5-to-U3CRKE, and the Odin files.
– S9+_G965U: the update.zip for U3BRJ5 to U3CRKE, and the Odin files.
Also read: How To Flash Global ROM For US S9 (G960U) And S9+ (G965U)
How To Update Android Pie Beta Build With One UI Through Odin
- First, copy the zip for BRJ6 to ZRKA/ update.zip for U3BRJ5 to U3CRKE into your SD card. If you don’t have one available, you will need to use ADB commands.
- Power your phone off and boot it into Download mode ( Power + Volume Down + Bixby buttons)
- Install Samsung USB driver and launch Odin on your computer
- Extracted the Odin files you downloaded and you will see 5 files in the folder. But we only use four: BL, AP, CP, CSC
- On Odin, click on each box that matches with the file in the extracted Odin folder. Let Userdata blank.
- Click on Start and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, boot your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus into recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Up + Bixby
- From there, choose Apply update from SD card and browse to the file you previously copied into your SD card.
- If you don’t have an SD card, open cmd in ADB folder and flash the update by entering the following command:
adb sideload <patch update.zip>
Once done, reboot your phone and enjoy the new Samsung One UI on your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.