Samsung has officially stopped Android updates at Android 7.0 Nougat version for all Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge devices. However, it does not mean Galaxy S6/S6 users could not update their phone to the latest Android version. If you are using a Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and want to upgrade your phone, then this post is for you. Read on it to install the latest Android 9.0 ROM for your device.
- Phone calls, SMS. Mobile data
- Wi-Fi hotspot: 2,4GHz, 5Ghz
- Bluetooth, NFC, GPS
- Fingerprint reader
- Other features
Zero-multitarget Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6: (SM-G920) F/FD/I/S/K/L/T/W8)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: (SM-G925)F/FD/I/S/K/L/T/W8)
Zerofltespr: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Sprint / Chinese
- Samsung Galaxy S6: (SM-G925) P / R4 / 0/8/9)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: (SM-G925) P / R4 / 0/8/9)
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: at least MM-Bootloader + N-Modem
Based On: LineageOS
Before proceeding with the update, you should prepare some things first:
- The latest TWRP 3-2-3 recovery must be installed on your phone to flash the ROM
- Back up all data stored in your phone storage as flashing the ROM will erase
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to avoid unwanted issues.
Once done, let’s start flashing Android 9.0 ROM on your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge.
Steps to Update Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to Android Pie ROM
- First of all, download the LineageOS 16.0 ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and the Gapps 9.0 package
- Plug your Galaxy phone into your computer and then copy both the files into the internal storage of your phone.
- Once done, power your phone off, detach the USB cable and then boot it into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing & holding Power + Home + Volume Up buttons altogether.
- From there, tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select: Dalvik/ART, Cache, Data, System. Swipe to confirm your choice.
- Next, tap on Install and flash the ROM on your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. Simply swipe the slider to the right to start the installation. Wait until the process is done.
- Do not reboot your phone yet, continue to flash Gapps file to get Google Play services on your device by following the same steps.
- After the installation is successful, return to the Recovery menu and tap on “reboot now”.
Also read: Galaxy Note 8 Port ROM For Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
That’s all! You have successfully installed Android Pie custom ROM on your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. Now you can now experience all the new features. If you encounter bootlooop issue, simply hard reset your phone and then repeat the steps from the scratch. Let’s know the changes you see in your phone post update.