It’s pity for all Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge users when Samsung will not release the official Android Pie update for all of them. However, it does not mean the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge cannot experience the latest Android version on their phone. If you are using a Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and are eager to experience the latest Android version on your phone, then this post would like to share you the new LineageOS 16.0 based on Android Pie for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. Simply follow this post to download and install it on your phone.
OS: Based on Android Pie
Kernel: Linux 4.x
Language: Multiple languages
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
- Buttons and their backlight
- Wifi HotSpot
- 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- Charging with device powered off
- HWcomposer (HWC)
Before proceeding, here are some things you should prepare first:
- Back up all the important data of your phone as the process will erase everything
- Since it’s a custom ROM, so you need to install a TWRP 3-2-3 recovery installed on your S7/S7 Edge.
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% so the process can be successful.
Once done, let’s start installing Android Pie 9.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
Steps to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge
- First, download the LineageOS ROM file from the link below and then copy it into the internal storage of your phone:
ROM: Galaxy S7
Galaxy S7 Edge (Latest build 10/1/2019: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7w_SRpe1Rrigb4AaEYtyZltva05EQaI/view )
- Download Opengapps: Link (ARM64-9.0). Also, save it in the root folder of your phone internal storage.
For Clean Installation:
- Boot your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons at once until you see TWRP recovery screen.
- Tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe and check four options: Dalvik, Cache, Data, System
- Tap on Install and flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- Continue to flash the GApps file to install the Google services
- (Optional)Every additional zip you want to flash
- Reboot your phone and enjoy it.
Also see: How To Bypass Google Account Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Binary 8
For LineageOS update / upgrade:
- Don’t wipe anything if you don’t want to lose your important data since there is no need to wipe when upgrading. In the future updates, you might need to do a clean.
- Tap on Install and flash the latest LineageOS ROM.zip from the Recovery
- (Optional)Flash the GApps file for the first install/upgrade. It does not require later but does update sometimes (Optional)
- Flash additional zip if you want like root magisk.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and enjoy!
That’s how to install LineageOS 16.0 ROM based on Android Pie update on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.