The Sony Xperia Z2 has ever been one of the Sony Android flagship devices released in 2014 but it then stopped Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. That’s a pity for Z2 users. However, there is a great news for them as you can taste the Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS features. Wonder How! The Sony Xperia Z2 has chance with the help of the Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 Nougat ROM. Your device will be able to taste all new Nougat features and its performance and reliability over stock Android will increase. Below there is a step-by-step guide to flash the custom ROM on your Smartphone.
The Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM is only recommended for the advanced Android users. If you are not an advanced Android user and don’t have any skills on tweaking Android, then you should not take your own risk. Because it’s an unofficial ROM, your Z2 might get some bugs, for which you will be responsible yourself.
Before installing the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone and then you need to install the latest Custom Recovery (TWRP) on it. Also you need to make a full backup of your data before update and don’t’ forget to install the Sony Xperia Z2 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset. Make sure to charge your phone at least 50% power battery left to avoid unpleasant issues during the update.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z2 to CarbonROM 7.1 Nougat ROM
- After that, enable the USB Debugging Option on your Sony Xperia Z2.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC using an original USB and transfer both the downloaded files to the SD card/internal storage of your Smartphone.
- Then switch off your Sony Xperia Z2, unplug the USB cable and put your Sony Z2 into Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Sony Xperia Z2. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM file.
- After that, swipe to start the installation process. Wait until the installation process is finished.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone.
- Once done, go back to the recovery and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do! Now you have successfully flashed the Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z2. Following the steps, you can easily finish the update process and should not face any issues. If you still face any issues, let’s know in the comment below.