After a few months that were busy with rolling out the Android Nougat update for its smartphones, Samsung continues to seed this day and there are more devices being added to the list. Now, the Android 7.1.1 update is now available for Galaxy TAB A 9.7 SM-P555 in the Middle East and Asian region.
The update comes with the build number P555XXU1CQIA for the Middle East and P555XXU1CQI6 for Asian variants of Galaxy Tab A 9.7. The new update brings the August security patch and fixes the Blueborne threat. It still remains the highlight features on Android 7.0 such as Multi Windows mode, Doze mode, new emojis, along with more battery stability and other improvement enhancements.
Here you can check out firmware build in details. It’s available for the Middle East and Asian region.
You can directly download the update for both regions to update your tablets to the latest Android 7.1.1.
- Android 7.1.1 update for Galaxy Tab A 9.7 for Middle East region
- Android 7.1.1 update for Galaxy Tab A 9.7 for Asian region
If the download speed is too slow, you can also use Samfirm v0.36 to get the firmware
Steps To Install Android 7.1.1 Update For Galaxy Tab A 9.7 SM-P555
- First, download and install Samsung USB driver as well as Odin v3.12 on your computer. (Updated: Download this modified Odin for those who get the “SHA256 is Invalid” error with Odin.)
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ buttons at a same time. After that, press ‘Volume Up’ button after you see a warning message on your screen to boot your tablet into the download mode.
- Now, plug your device into your computer using a USB cable and launch Odin app.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display ID:COM with Blue color when the connection is successful.
- Now click on “AP” box in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.1.1 Nougat folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, click on the “Auto-reboot” and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait until your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 to reboot.
That’s all! All Samsung Galaxy Tab A users can now grab the update and update your tablet to the latest Android 7.1.1 version. Also, keep visiting techzai.com for further Samsung firmware updates.